Thursday, January 17, 2013

Broiled Salmon with Rosemary & Spinach/Garlic Couscous

Got this recipe off SkinnyTaste website, but I tweaked it some. It has now become one of my favorite salmon recipes. I like salmon, but I have a hard time preparing it that it doesn't always end up tasting the same! I thought the Rosemary in this added a great flavor & pairing it with the garlic couscous made it really great. Super healthy and easy meal--definitely a keeper!

Ingredients:
3-4 pieces of salmon
olive oil spray
2 TBS melted butter
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp fresh, chopped rosemary
2 cloves garlic, minced (I also added a little extra garlic powder to final mixture)
S&P to taste

Directions:
1.Combine melted butter with lemon juice, rosemary, s&p, garlic and/or a little extra garlic powder or garlic salt to taste.
2. Brush mixture onto fish
3. Broil for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
May test halfway through cooking & gently turn fish over. Continue cooking until no longer pink inside.

Side dish: I found Roasted Garlic&Olive Oil Couscous in a box (the 5 minute prep kind). I prepared that. I also sautéed some fresh spinach in a skillet in a little olive oil with some garlic & adding a little garlic salt on top. When the spinach was wilted down & the couscous was done, I tossed them together. My kids even loved it!


No comments: